Transfer of Stock & Ownership | Everett Lawyer (Snohomish Co)

Our firm’s Everett-based legal team assists with the transfer of ownership interests in closely-held businesses throughout Snohomish County, as well as neighboring areas in Washington State. This includes ownership interests in small and medium-size businesses of nearly every type, including LLC member shares, corporate stock, and partnership interests. It also includes stock options, such as options for employees and executives. We do not assist with the transfer of stock in publicly traded companies, nor do we participate in initial public offerings. We can, however, refer clients to appropriate attorneys at other firms if they require business law services we do not provide.

Businesses and their owners typically choose our firm because of its high-quality, low-overhead approach. Generally speaking, our attorneys graduated from higher-ranked universities and/or with higher class standing than our local competitors, and we charge appreciably less per hour. Call us at 866-631-0028 to learn more.

Frequently Asked Questions:

My company isn’t publicly traded. Are there restrictions on who I can transfer or sell stock to? Yes, there are securities restrictions imposed upon businesses that are not publicly traded. Moreover, your operating agreement and/or ownership certificates might contain additional restrictions, and there are restrictions imposed upon businesses hoping to maintain S corporation tax filing status. We can help determine what restrictions might apply in your situation.

Do ownership shares need to be documented with certificates? No. Not even corporations need to issue shares via paper certificates.

I have a limited liability company (LLC) and want member certificates. Can you produce those? Yes, we can produce ownership certificates for any type of business, if that is what you want.

I want to sell my company by transferring all the ownership interests to someone. Can you help with that? Yes, we assist with the purchase and sale of businesses. To learn more, click here.

I want to merge the ownership interests of my business with another business. Can you help with that? Yes, our business law team assists with mergers, as well as joint ventures. To learn more, click here.

I want to start a business and issues shares. Is that something you assist with? Yes, we have significant experience with business startups. To learn more, click here.

Scroll to Top