Exchange Visitor

Immigration Glossary

Exchange Visitor

Certain foreign nationals may procure the J visa status under the Department of States Exchange Visitor program. This program allows foreign nationals to be:

  • Trainees
  • Professors or Scholars
  • Students
  • Specialists
  • International visitors
  • Teachers
  • Research assistants
  • Physicians
  • Summer work travel programs
  • Au pair programs
  • Camp counselors

Back to the Immigration Glossary.

Scroll to Top